Celebrate the release of Brett Riley’s debut novel COMANCHE
“…the best western-horror-thriller-ghost story-PI novel ever written.”―Tod Goldberg, author of Gangsterland
Tuesday, September 1st at 5:30 pm PDT
Join Harry Fagel and Brett Riley for a discussion and reading.
- Cameo appearances by artists, editors, and designers Jason Heuer, Victoria Adang, and Suzanne Campbell
- Cameo appearances by authors Rick Quinn, Megan Edwards, H.G. McKinnis, Aaron Reed, and A.D. Hopkins
- Music by singer/songwriter Jeff Troutman
- World premier of an original poem by Harry Fagel
- Custom cocktail demo by master distiller and mixologist Davin Topel of Real Spirits Distilling Company in Blanco, Texas
- A toast to the author! Click here to register for the event and we’ll send you the recipe for the cocktail a few days before the event!
- A sneak peak behind the scenes at some of the presenters at the show.
This event will be streamed live on both Facebook and YouTube.
Links to both streaming platforms will be accessible from this page beginning at 5:20 on September 1.
Pre-order your copy of COMANCHE now, and you will receive it autographed and personalized by the author in time for the online event! The Writer’s Block Bookstore in Las Vegas, Nevada is offering a 15% Discount + Free Shipping until 6pm PDT on August 15th.
COMANCHE will also be on sale at a discount during the event on September 1st.
Brett Riley is professor of English at the College of Southern Nevada. He grew up in southeastern Arkansas and earned his Ph.D. in contemporary American fiction and film at Louisiana State University. The published author of a body of short fiction, Riley has also won numerous awards for screenwriting. Riley lives in Henderson, Nevada. Riley’s second book, Lord of Order will be available March 1, 2021 wherever fine books are sold. Facebook | YouTube
Harry Fagel is a native Las Vegan who served the community for 25 years as a police officer, retiring at the rank of Captain. He has been writing poetry at least as long, and has been honored to participate in a plethora of artistic endeavors within and outside of Clark County. With 2 poetry books published by Zeitgeist Press, a chap book, CD, and many anthology inclusions Harry remains an avid supporter of the Vegas cultural scene. He has also been honored to write many tributes for many people, and still writes and performs poetry regularly. He loves his wife and kids more than anything. Facebook and YouTube Video