We welcome book proposals and queries from both authors and agents. We accept submissions via email only. Please include as much of the following information as possible:
- A cover letter, including: a brief summary of the book, the approximate length (word count) of your manuscript, and why you think your book is a good fit for Imbrifex Books.
- A table of contents or outline of the book’s contents
- Two sample chapters
- Any photographs or illustrations you believe might assist us in evaluating your proposal (do not send originals!)
- A brief list of similar or competitive books, including title, author, publisher, ISBN number, and date of publication. (These are all available on Amazon.com and other online booksellers.) Tell us what makes your book unique. How does it differ from your competition? (This is vitally important information — please take the time to research thoroughly and think about it carefully.)
- Marketing and publicity plans or ideas
- A description of your book’s target audience (Please be as specific as possible.)
- A brief autobiographical summary or résumé. What do you, as the author, bring to the project?
- Your mailing address, daytime phone number, and e-mail address
Please place your cover letter in the body of your email message, and the rest of your submission in an attached PDF.
Send your proposal to:
- A cover letter, including a brief synopsis of the book, the approximate word count of your manuscript, a brief autobiographical summary or résumé, and why you think your book is a good fit for Imbrifex Books.
- The first fifteen pages of your manuscript
Please place your cover letter and the first five pages of your manuscript into the body of your email message.
Send your query to:
You can expect a reply within two months of our receipt of your proposal.
Thank you for your interest in Imbrifex Books!